Danbury Family Law Lawyer


Family Law
Family Law Overview
Child Custody
Child Visitation
Collaborative Divorce
Contested Divorce
Divorce in Connecticut and New York
Divorce Mediation
The Divorce Process
Domestic Violence
Fathers Rights
Grandparental Rights
Paternity Actions
Post Judgment Modification
Postnuptial Agreements
Prenuptial Agreements
Property Division
Restraining Orders
Same-Sex Marriage in New York
Spousal Support/Alimony
Why a Divorce Lawyer
The Best Interest of the Child
Proudly Serving
Contact Us

Offices in Danbury, CT and Brewster, NY
Danbury Family Law Attorney Our Firm Attorney Profiles Family Law Testimonials Case Evaluation Contact our Attorneys
Free Case Evaluation Contact our Law Firm

Danbury Family Law Attorney

Are you seeking a post judgment modification?

Sometimes circumstances change in your life after you are divorced. What was workable and amenable then now no longer is.  A divorce judgment is final and legally binding in the state of Connecticut. Is there anything that can be done to change these arrangements? You or your ex-spouse has the right to go to court to request a post judgment modification to the final divorce judgment. A knowledgeable Danbury family lawyer will consult with you to help you assess all of your legal options.

Danbury Post Judgment Modifications: Alimony, Child Support, Visitation

If a parent changes jobs, becomes unemployed or ill, or experiences an injury, a change in child support payments may be warranted.  If a spouse is now living with another person, remarries, or income has increased, a change in spousal support may be requested. In the case of a parent moving or a change in job venue it can be necessary to re-arrange child custody or visitation. Or if a harmful familial conflict occurs, a change in child custody may be necessary for the welfare of the child.

If you believe that your current divorce judgment no longer fits your needs, or your former spouse wants the provisions of the decree changed, you should speak with a family law lawyer to discuss how the terms of your divorce judgment may be able to be modified. Jowdy & Jowdy's family law practice will listen to your needs, thoroughly review your original divorce judgment, and let you know what is feasibly possible regarding the changes you desire. They have many years of experience representing clients in divorce, child custody and post judgment modification cases and understand the complexities involved when trying to balance the needs of parents, children and families, while still advocating for what you need and want.

If you have questions about changes you want made to your divorce decree, contact a Danbury post judgment modification attorney today.

Danbury Criminal Defense Lawyer Danbury Family Law Attorney Danbury Personal Injury Attorney

Attorney Web Design

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Jowdy & Jowdy - Danbury Divorce Attorney
Located at 67 West St Danbury, CT 06810. View Map
Phone: (203) 787-2171